- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Thanks for a CASA fund-raiser success!
CASA of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, which serves abused and neglected children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties recently hosted a “Celebrity Waiter Dinner” as a fund-raiser. Local community leaders served as waiters for their guests, our friends and community suppodrters of CASA. Guests “tipped” their waiters generously, with all proceeds going to CASA.
On behalf of the CASA board, I’d like to sincerely thank all those who participated in this fun and successful fund-raiser. Because of your support, our volunteers can better serve and represent abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Our volunteers act as the “squeaky wheel” to ensure that children have a voice in court and that permancney is achieved as quickly as possible.
Because of such tremendous community support, fewer children will fall through the cracks. What a gift you have given!
CASA Board Member
(serving Lee, Carroll & Ogle counties)
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue