- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
Thanks for a CASA fund-raiser success!
CASA of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, which serves abused and neglected children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties recently hosted a “Celebrity Waiter Dinner” as a fund-raiser. Local community leaders served as waiters for their guests, our friends and community suppodrters of CASA. Guests “tipped” their waiters generously, with all proceeds going to CASA.
On behalf of the CASA board, I’d like to sincerely thank all those who participated in this fun and successful fund-raiser. Because of your support, our volunteers can better serve and represent abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Our volunteers act as the “squeaky wheel” to ensure that children have a voice in court and that permancney is achieved as quickly as possible.
Because of such tremendous community support, fewer children will fall through the cracks. What a gift you have given!
CASA Board Member
(serving Lee, Carroll & Ogle counties)
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue