- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Thanks for a CASA fund-raiser success!
CASA of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, which serves abused and neglected children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties recently hosted a “Celebrity Waiter Dinner” as a fund-raiser. Local community leaders served as waiters for their guests, our friends and community suppodrters of CASA. Guests “tipped” their waiters generously, with all proceeds going to CASA.
On behalf of the CASA board, I’d like to sincerely thank all those who participated in this fun and successful fund-raiser. Because of your support, our volunteers can better serve and represent abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Our volunteers act as the “squeaky wheel” to ensure that children have a voice in court and that permancney is achieved as quickly as possible.
Because of such tremendous community support, fewer children will fall through the cracks. What a gift you have given!
CASA Board Member
(serving Lee, Carroll & Ogle counties)
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue