- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Thanks for a CASA fund-raiser success!
CASA of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit, which serves abused and neglected children of Lee, Ogle and Carroll counties recently hosted a “Celebrity Waiter Dinner” as a fund-raiser. Local community leaders served as waiters for their guests, our friends and community suppodrters of CASA. Guests “tipped” their waiters generously, with all proceeds going to CASA.
On behalf of the CASA board, I’d like to sincerely thank all those who participated in this fun and successful fund-raiser. Because of your support, our volunteers can better serve and represent abused and neglected children in the juvenile court system. Our volunteers act as the “squeaky wheel” to ensure that children have a voice in court and that permancney is achieved as quickly as possible.
Because of such tremendous community support, fewer children will fall through the cracks. What a gift you have given!
CASA Board Member
(serving Lee, Carroll & Ogle counties)
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue