- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Winnebago Buy Local hosts holiday dinner Dec. 10
Winnebago Buy Local will present its second annual holiday dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, Dec. 10, at Bistro 108, 6164 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Cost is $20 per person (including tax and one non-alcoholic beverage, but not gratuity), and reservations can be made by calling Lauren Davis at (815) 222-0756.
Entertainment will include jazz music by Eddie B and his Band. Dinner includes a crisp and classic side salad, and “Bistro-Holiday Buffet” entrees such as Tom’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce served over Rigatoni with Italian Sausage, Savory Grilled Chicken with Wild Rice, Hearty Bistro Grilled Vegetables, and Bistro Potatoes and Bistro 108’s Specialty Vegetarian Pasta Primavera.
A short awards ceremony will be held following dinner.
Winnebago Buy Local is a local organization whose “mission is to support and cultivate local independent businesses focused on transforming our local economy toward green jobs, sustainable industries, and practices and buying local first.” Visit winnebagobuylocal.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue