- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Winnebago Buy Local hosts holiday dinner Dec. 10
Winnebago Buy Local will present its second annual holiday dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, Dec. 10, at Bistro 108, 6164 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Cost is $20 per person (including tax and one non-alcoholic beverage, but not gratuity), and reservations can be made by calling Lauren Davis at (815) 222-0756.
Entertainment will include jazz music by Eddie B and his Band. Dinner includes a crisp and classic side salad, and “Bistro-Holiday Buffet” entrees such as Tom’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce served over Rigatoni with Italian Sausage, Savory Grilled Chicken with Wild Rice, Hearty Bistro Grilled Vegetables, and Bistro Potatoes and Bistro 108’s Specialty Vegetarian Pasta Primavera.
A short awards ceremony will be held following dinner.
Winnebago Buy Local is a local organization whose “mission is to support and cultivate local independent businesses focused on transforming our local economy toward green jobs, sustainable industries, and practices and buying local first.” Visit winnebagobuylocal.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue