- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Winnebago Buy Local hosts holiday dinner Dec. 10
Winnebago Buy Local will present its second annual holiday dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, Dec. 10, at Bistro 108, 6164 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Cost is $20 per person (including tax and one non-alcoholic beverage, but not gratuity), and reservations can be made by calling Lauren Davis at (815) 222-0756.
Entertainment will include jazz music by Eddie B and his Band. Dinner includes a crisp and classic side salad, and “Bistro-Holiday Buffet” entrees such as Tom’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce served over Rigatoni with Italian Sausage, Savory Grilled Chicken with Wild Rice, Hearty Bistro Grilled Vegetables, and Bistro Potatoes and Bistro 108’s Specialty Vegetarian Pasta Primavera.
A short awards ceremony will be held following dinner.
Winnebago Buy Local is a local organization whose “mission is to support and cultivate local independent businesses focused on transforming our local economy toward green jobs, sustainable industries, and practices and buying local first.” Visit winnebagobuylocal.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue