- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Winnebago Buy Local hosts holiday dinner Dec. 10
Winnebago Buy Local will present its second annual holiday dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, Dec. 10, at Bistro 108, 6164 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Cost is $20 per person (including tax and one non-alcoholic beverage, but not gratuity), and reservations can be made by calling Lauren Davis at (815) 222-0756.
Entertainment will include jazz music by Eddie B and his Band. Dinner includes a crisp and classic side salad, and “Bistro-Holiday Buffet” entrees such as Tom’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce served over Rigatoni with Italian Sausage, Savory Grilled Chicken with Wild Rice, Hearty Bistro Grilled Vegetables, and Bistro Potatoes and Bistro 108’s Specialty Vegetarian Pasta Primavera.
A short awards ceremony will be held following dinner.
Winnebago Buy Local is a local organization whose “mission is to support and cultivate local independent businesses focused on transforming our local economy toward green jobs, sustainable industries, and practices and buying local first.” Visit winnebagobuylocal.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue