- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Winnebago Buy Local hosts holiday dinner Dec. 10
Winnebago Buy Local will present its second annual holiday dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, Dec. 10, at Bistro 108, 6164 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Cost is $20 per person (including tax and one non-alcoholic beverage, but not gratuity), and reservations can be made by calling Lauren Davis at (815) 222-0756.
Entertainment will include jazz music by Eddie B and his Band. Dinner includes a crisp and classic side salad, and “Bistro-Holiday Buffet” entrees such as Tom’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce served over Rigatoni with Italian Sausage, Savory Grilled Chicken with Wild Rice, Hearty Bistro Grilled Vegetables, and Bistro Potatoes and Bistro 108’s Specialty Vegetarian Pasta Primavera.
A short awards ceremony will be held following dinner.
Winnebago Buy Local is a local organization whose “mission is to support and cultivate local independent businesses focused on transforming our local economy toward green jobs, sustainable industries, and practices and buying local first.” Visit winnebagobuylocal.com for more details.
From the Dec. 5-11, 2012, issue