- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Day of fine arts for those with disabilities set for Dec. 15
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents NO BOUNDARIES, a day of fine arts experiences for people of all ages with disabilities, from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 15, inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Admission is free, and families are welcome. No registration is required. Partners include Rockford Park District, Rockford Dance Company and Rockford Symphony Orchestra.
The free event features a special performance at noon by Chance to Dance. Activities begin at 1 p.m. and are designed for visitors of all ages and abilities. These include Full Circle: Little City Foundation art exhibition at Rockford Art Museum; hands-on art projects with The Arc, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Rockford Park District Arts For All, Little City Foundation, Milestone and RAM; a musical instrument “petting zoo”; dance workshops with Rockford Dance Company; and theater workshops (“Be an Actor or an Actress: Put Yourself on Stage”).
Participating organizations include RAM, Rockford Park District, Rockford Dance Company, Rockford Symphony Orchestra, The Arc, AgeQuake Theatres, Barbara Olson Center of Hope, Belvidere Park District, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Freeport Park District, Guzzardo Music, Little City Foundation, Milestone and The Autism Program (T.A.P.).
This event is part of the educational programming for RAM’s art exhibition Full Circle: Little City Foundation, on view through Jan. 6.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue