- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Day of fine arts for those with disabilities set for Dec. 15
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents NO BOUNDARIES, a day of fine arts experiences for people of all ages with disabilities, from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 15, inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
Admission is free, and families are welcome. No registration is required. Partners include Rockford Park District, Rockford Dance Company and Rockford Symphony Orchestra.
The free event features a special performance at noon by Chance to Dance. Activities begin at 1 p.m. and are designed for visitors of all ages and abilities. These include Full Circle: Little City Foundation art exhibition at Rockford Art Museum; hands-on art projects with The Arc, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Rockford Park District Arts For All, Little City Foundation, Milestone and RAM; a musical instrument “petting zoo”; dance workshops with Rockford Dance Company; and theater workshops (“Be an Actor or an Actress: Put Yourself on Stage”).
Participating organizations include RAM, Rockford Park District, Rockford Dance Company, Rockford Symphony Orchestra, The Arc, AgeQuake Theatres, Barbara Olson Center of Hope, Belvidere Park District, Easter Seals Autism Therapeutic School, Freeport Park District, Guzzardo Music, Little City Foundation, Milestone and The Autism Program (T.A.P.).
This event is part of the educational programming for RAM’s art exhibition Full Circle: Little City Foundation, on view through Jan. 6.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue