- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Free holiday concert Dec. 14 in Monroe, Wis.
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — Get in the holiday spirit and join the fun at 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 14, in the Gunderson Stiles Concert Hall when the Monroe Arts Center (MAC) presents a free holiday concert for the entire community.
Vocalist Tracy Bristow, accompanied on piano by Christina Parkinson of Freeport, Ill., will draw from her large repertoire of traditional and popular Christmas music such as “Winter Wonderland” and “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.”
Classical favorites, “Rose of Bethlehem” and “Gesu Bambino,” are also part of the evening’s program.
Guest vocalists include Bristow’s daughter, Adair, and sister, Nadine Whiteman, who will both join Tracy on stage for a selection or two.
Additional music accompaniment by Deb Krattiger (saxophone) and Cindy Blanc (piano), along with magical Christmas stories and festive poems by Master of Ceremonies Ron Spielman, make this performance a delightful way to celebrate the season with family and friends.
This hour-long concert will conclude MAC’s 2012 Holiday Silent Auction. Auction items are in display in MAC’s Wesley Hall and bids may be placed until 6:45 p.m. the evening of the concert. The public is also invited to attend a pre-show reception in Wesley Hall from 6 to 7 p.m.
MAC is at 1315 11th St., in Monroe, Wis. For further information, call (608) 325-5700, or online at www.monroeartscenter.com.
Posted Dec. 12, 2012