- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
Holiday traditions featured at Ethnic Heritage Museum
Visit the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, to see beautiful holiday exhibits in each ethnic gallery: African-American, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian and Polish. See unique crèche displays, A Fairy Tale Stable and ethnic gallery holiday decorations as part of the museum’s Holiday Traditions exhibit.
Bazaar items to sort through include “Thank You” note cards written in the six ethnic languages. Hispanic Gallery Robozos (shawls) make a nice holiday gift. Assorted ethnic ornaments and the charming children’s book series by well-known author Tomie de Paola are available for purchase.
The holiday exhibit is on display every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. through Dec. 16. In the month of December, the museum will be open every Sunday, except Dec. 23, prior to Christmas. Pre-registered tours may be arranged by calling (815) 962-7402. Suggested admission is $5, $3 student and $10 family. The museum is handicap accessible.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue