- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Holiday traditions featured at Ethnic Heritage Museum
Visit the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, to see beautiful holiday exhibits in each ethnic gallery: African-American, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian and Polish. See unique crèche displays, A Fairy Tale Stable and ethnic gallery holiday decorations as part of the museum’s Holiday Traditions exhibit.
Bazaar items to sort through include “Thank You” note cards written in the six ethnic languages. Hispanic Gallery Robozos (shawls) make a nice holiday gift. Assorted ethnic ornaments and the charming children’s book series by well-known author Tomie de Paola are available for purchase.
The holiday exhibit is on display every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. through Dec. 16. In the month of December, the museum will be open every Sunday, except Dec. 23, prior to Christmas. Pre-registered tours may be arranged by calling (815) 962-7402. Suggested admission is $5, $3 student and $10 family. The museum is handicap accessible.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue