- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Holiday traditions featured at Ethnic Heritage Museum
Visit the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, to see beautiful holiday exhibits in each ethnic gallery: African-American, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian and Polish. See unique crèche displays, A Fairy Tale Stable and ethnic gallery holiday decorations as part of the museum’s Holiday Traditions exhibit.
Bazaar items to sort through include “Thank You” note cards written in the six ethnic languages. Hispanic Gallery Robozos (shawls) make a nice holiday gift. Assorted ethnic ornaments and the charming children’s book series by well-known author Tomie de Paola are available for purchase.
The holiday exhibit is on display every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. through Dec. 16. In the month of December, the museum will be open every Sunday, except Dec. 23, prior to Christmas. Pre-registered tours may be arranged by calling (815) 962-7402. Suggested admission is $5, $3 student and $10 family. The museum is handicap accessible.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue