- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Holiday traditions featured at Ethnic Heritage Museum
Visit the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, to see beautiful holiday exhibits in each ethnic gallery: African-American, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian and Polish. See unique crèche displays, A Fairy Tale Stable and ethnic gallery holiday decorations as part of the museum’s Holiday Traditions exhibit.
Bazaar items to sort through include “Thank You” note cards written in the six ethnic languages. Hispanic Gallery Robozos (shawls) make a nice holiday gift. Assorted ethnic ornaments and the charming children’s book series by well-known author Tomie de Paola are available for purchase.
The holiday exhibit is on display every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. through Dec. 16. In the month of December, the museum will be open every Sunday, except Dec. 23, prior to Christmas. Pre-registered tours may be arranged by calling (815) 962-7402. Suggested admission is $5, $3 student and $10 family. The museum is handicap accessible.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue