- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Holiday traditions featured at Ethnic Heritage Museum
Visit the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, to see beautiful holiday exhibits in each ethnic gallery: African-American, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian and Polish. See unique crèche displays, A Fairy Tale Stable and ethnic gallery holiday decorations as part of the museum’s Holiday Traditions exhibit.
Bazaar items to sort through include “Thank You” note cards written in the six ethnic languages. Hispanic Gallery Robozos (shawls) make a nice holiday gift. Assorted ethnic ornaments and the charming children’s book series by well-known author Tomie de Paola are available for purchase.
The holiday exhibit is on display every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. through Dec. 16. In the month of December, the museum will be open every Sunday, except Dec. 23, prior to Christmas. Pre-registered tours may be arranged by calling (815) 962-7402. Suggested admission is $5, $3 student and $10 family. The museum is handicap accessible.
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue