- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
SwedishAmerican to host holiday grief program
Online Staff Report
For individuals who are grieving the death of a loved one, the approaching holiday season can be especially difficult. The sights and sounds of the season, joyful for so many, also can be painful reminders that our holidays will never be the same. How do we carry on without forgetting? How do we remember without getting stuck in our grief?
SwedishAmerican Health System’s Pastoral Care Department is dedicated to helping the community find answers to these hard questions by sponsoring “A Time to Remember: A Journey of Hope and Healing” in partnership with Heartland Hospice. This brief but meaningful ceremony will provide attendees with an opportunity to pay tribute to their loved ones and acknowledge their grief in the company of those who are going through the same experience.
“A Time to Remember” will take place from 6-7 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 13, in SwedishAmerican Hospital’s Carlson Chapel, located near the Conference Center on the first floor at 1401 E. State St. Attendees may enter through the Heart Hospital. There is no charge to attend, and refreshments will be served following the presentation. Please call the Pastoral Care office at (815) 489-4620 to reserve your place.
Posted Dec. 12, 2012