- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
The truth about ObamaCare
“Gloom, despair, and agony on me! Deep, dark depression, excessive misery!” Senior citizens and anyone who watches old Hee Haw reruns will remember that segment, a series of bad jokes introduced by four singing fellows tippling from moonshine jugs.
Many in the Tea Party consider the 2012 election a bad joke, and we aren’t laughing. Apparently, many voters decided that the devil that you know is better than an unknown quantity. Mitt Romney keyed much of his message to entrepreneurs — or, one in 357 working adults (Kauffman Index of Entrepreneurial Activity). The Tea Party arose as millions of Americans protested the brutish takeover of health care by Democrats (ObamaCare). Even today, 50 percent of us want repeal (Gallup, November 2012).
The $716 billion robbed from Medicare to make ObamaCare “revenue neutral” cuts Medicare funding to hospitals. Would you be shocked to learn that hospitals readmitting sick seniors within 30 days of prior hospitalization will be fined? Or that the top 10 percent of doctors who refer seniors to a specialist will be penalized by reduced Medicare reimbursements? Does that sound like a healthcare system that respects “the greatest generation”?
An excellent Bill Whittle 6-minute video (Firewall: One for the Team) speaks of “going to an office that looks and sounds like the DMV to plead for your daughter’s life.” We pray that 30 Republican governors can stop this juggernaut. Northern IL Tea Party will next meet the third Thursday of January, 6:30 p.m., 302 W. Main St., Rockton. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Coordinator, Northern IL Tea Party
From the Dec. 12-18, 2012, issue