- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Thermo Fisher Scientific announces application deadlines for life sciences scholarships
Online Staff Report
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., the world leader in serving science, has announced the Winter/Spring semester application deadline for its Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship program, which provides educational opportunities and $80,000 in scholarships annually to the future generation of scientists. Winter/Spring semester applications are being accepted through Dec. 14, 2012. Applications and scholarships award criteria can be found at www.pierce-antibodies.com/PierceScholarship.
The Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship program, awarded for Summer/Fall andWinter/Spring academic semesters, is open to graduate and undergraduate students studying biology, chemistry, biochemistry or a related life science field. Applicants are required to demonstrate strong academic skills along with how their passion for science transcends the lab.
“We’ve been extremely impressed with the high caliber of applicants we’ve seen so far,” said Jeff Lee, commercial director for immunoassay products, Thermo Fisher Scientific. “The Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship invests in future scientists, and we anticipate that many of these winners will soon be driving new discoveries and making a positive impact on the community.”
The 2012-2013 Winter/Spring semester scholarship awards include two $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships. To qualify, a student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale); be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at an accredited college or university for the 2012-2a013 Winter/Spring semester; and be a legal U.S. resident. Scholarship recipients will be notified in January 2013.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Its mission is to enable its customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, they have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. They create value for key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services. For more information, visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posted Dec. 12, 2012