- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Business, individual awarded for customer service
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) recognizes both a business and an individual for their commitment to customer service. RACVB presented “It’s a Great Day in Rockford!” awards to Red Mango and Edgebrook Shopping Center Marketing Director Andrea Mandala.
Red Mango, which has three stores in the Rockford region, received the November award because of its commitment to the community. Red Mango consistently welcomes attendees at events and tournaments with coupons and discounts. Additionally, in the past month, the three Red Mango locations in the stateline area have donated $2,800 to charities. The company gave $2,000 to Rockford Rescue Mission and $800 to the Red Cross.
The December award was presented to Andrea Mandala, marketing executive for Orput Companies, which promotes Edgebrook Shopping Center. Mandala was recognized for her hard work promoting local favorite traditions including the Edgebrook Tree Lighting, Cider and Cinnamon Arts and Crafts Fair, Festival of Fantasy, Music on the Mall and the Edgebrook Farmers’ Market.
RACVB created the “It’s a Great Day in Rockford!” award to honor those businesses and employees who go out of their way to make a difference and have a positive effect on the visitor industry.
Area residents are invited to submit nominations: Have you experienced excellent service? Were you “wowed” by someone going the extra mile? If so, send an e-mail to Monica Krysztopa, RACVB vice president, at email@example.com or call (815) 963-8111.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue