- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Crusader opens walk-in pediatric clinic on Broadway
Kids Care Now, a new clinic option for unexpected pediatric illness, is now open at the Crusader Community Health on Broadway, 1100 Broadway, Rockford. Walk-in pediatric care is available at this Crusader location noon-7 p.m., Monday-Friday.
The “Kids Care Now” clinic is designed to respond to the need to provide immediate pediatric care for sick kids. No appointment is necessary and care is available on a walk-in basis during the Kids Care Now clinic hours.
The clinic is staffed by two pediatric nurse practitioners, Barbara Morgan, PNP, and Debra Meyer, PNP.
The “Kids Care Now” clinic was developed to extend patient care to those not able to schedule a same-day appointment with a Crusader pediatric provider. The hours of the clinic are designed to help parents have greater access at convenient times.
Crusader’s pediatric professionals provide complete and compassionate care from infancy to adolescence at the clinic’s four locations. The Pediatric Medical Team provides well child checks, immunizations, screenings, school health exams and early detection to help children reach their full potential.
In addition, state-of-the-art dental care using a child-friendly approach is available at all Crusader clinics. Medicaid and most forms of insurance are accepted, and a sliding-fee discount is available for the uninsured. Last year, nearly 19,000 individual pediatric patients were served at Crusader.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit corporation whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Crusader Community Health locations include Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh street; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park. Call (815) 490-1600 to schedule an appointment at these locations. The Crusader Community Health Belvidere is at 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere, Ill. Call (815) 547-0282 for an appointment at the Belvidere clinic.
For more about Crusader Community Health, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue