- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Crusader opens walk-in pediatric clinic on Broadway
Kids Care Now, a new clinic option for unexpected pediatric illness, is now open at the Crusader Community Health on Broadway, 1100 Broadway, Rockford. Walk-in pediatric care is available at this Crusader location noon-7 p.m., Monday-Friday.
The “Kids Care Now” clinic is designed to respond to the need to provide immediate pediatric care for sick kids. No appointment is necessary and care is available on a walk-in basis during the Kids Care Now clinic hours.
The clinic is staffed by two pediatric nurse practitioners, Barbara Morgan, PNP, and Debra Meyer, PNP.
The “Kids Care Now” clinic was developed to extend patient care to those not able to schedule a same-day appointment with a Crusader pediatric provider. The hours of the clinic are designed to help parents have greater access at convenient times.
Crusader’s pediatric professionals provide complete and compassionate care from infancy to adolescence at the clinic’s four locations. The Pediatric Medical Team provides well child checks, immunizations, screenings, school health exams and early detection to help children reach their full potential.
In addition, state-of-the-art dental care using a child-friendly approach is available at all Crusader clinics. Medicaid and most forms of insurance are accepted, and a sliding-fee discount is available for the uninsured. Last year, nearly 19,000 individual pediatric patients were served at Crusader.
Crusader Community Health is a community-based, not-for-profit corporation whose mission is to serve the Rock River Valley area with quality, primary health care for people in need. Crusader Community Health locations include Crusader Community Health on West State Street, 1200 W. State St.; Crusader Community Health on Broadway-Uram Building, Broadway and Seventh street; and Crusader Community Health Loves Park, 6115 N. Second St., Loves Park. Call (815) 490-1600 to schedule an appointment at these locations. The Crusader Community Health Belvidere is at 1050 Logan Ave., Belvidere, Ill. Call (815) 547-0282 for an appointment at the Belvidere clinic.
For more about Crusader Community Health, visit www.crusaderhealth.org.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue