- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Dec. 31 deadline for Freeport Park District photo contest
FREEPORT, Ill. — All amateur photographers are invited to participate in a photo contest to celebrate the beauty, unique character and life that takes place within Freeport, Ill., parks. Show your perspective of the parks in this all-ages Framing Our Freeport Parks Photo Contest.
Photo entries need to be shot in any of the Freeport Park District parks, Park District programs, Park District special events or on the Jane Addams Trail during the 2011 or 2012 calendar year.
Photo entries are due at the district office Dec. 31. All photo entries must include an entry form and entry label attached to each entry. These forms can be picked up at the Park District office or printed from online at www.freeportparkdistrict.org.
Black-and-white or color photos, film or digital can be entered in the following five categories: Landscape, Animals, Plants, People or Fixed Structures. They will be judged on originality, composition, framing and how it highlights the use of a Freeport park.
The two age classifications are Youth, ages 16 years and younger, and Adult, age 17 years and older. Professional photographers are not eligible. There is a limit of two entries per category and six entries per person. Photo entries need to be 5 inches by 7 inches and mounted on an 8-inch-by-10-inch black board. There is no fee to participate in the photo contest. Freeport Park District gift cards will be issued to the following finalists: $50 for Best in Show; $25 for People’s Choice; $15 for first place in each category.
Call the Park District office with further questions at (815) 235-6114, ext. 105.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue