- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Go Red for Women promotes heart-healthy lifestyle
The 2013 Go Red for Women Luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 20, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road. Go Red for Women is the American Heart Association’s nationwide movement that celebrates the energy, passion and power women have to band together and wipe out heart disease. The fight against the No. 1 killer of women is a national effort involving all women and their loved ones. The 2013 Rockford Go Red for Women Luncheon raises money for research and education of heart disease in women.
These volunteers are being honored. The 2012 Circle of Red Committee consists of Pam Keeling, Janet Moore, Kathy Weber, Anne Hayes, Barb Jackson, LoRayne Logan, Beth Howard, Tara Blazer, Patty Smith, Paula Carynski, Carma Yoder and Karen Brown.
The 2013 AHA Executive Leadership Team consists of Rebecca Epperson, 2013 chairman, president, PR. Etc. Inc.; Kim Kuborn, vice chairman, HR, Danfoss; Kathy Weber, BMO Harris Bank, 2012 chairman; Paula Carynski, OSF Saint Anthony; Tara Blazer, Salvation Army; Brecken Haak, BMO Harris Bank; Beth Howard, Coronado Theatre; and Ann Hayes, Rockford Health System.
The Go Red for Women Luncheon, themed around sisterhood and inspiration, is a life-changing experience that focuses on three areas to support the fight against heart disease in women: heightening awareness of the issue, creating a passionate call to action, and generating funds to support education and research.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue