- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Go Red for Women promotes heart-healthy lifestyle
The 2013 Go Red for Women Luncheon will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 20, at Giovanni’s Restaurant and Convention Center, 610 N. Bell School Road. Go Red for Women is the American Heart Association’s nationwide movement that celebrates the energy, passion and power women have to band together and wipe out heart disease. The fight against the No. 1 killer of women is a national effort involving all women and their loved ones. The 2013 Rockford Go Red for Women Luncheon raises money for research and education of heart disease in women.
These volunteers are being honored. The 2012 Circle of Red Committee consists of Pam Keeling, Janet Moore, Kathy Weber, Anne Hayes, Barb Jackson, LoRayne Logan, Beth Howard, Tara Blazer, Patty Smith, Paula Carynski, Carma Yoder and Karen Brown.
The 2013 AHA Executive Leadership Team consists of Rebecca Epperson, 2013 chairman, president, PR. Etc. Inc.; Kim Kuborn, vice chairman, HR, Danfoss; Kathy Weber, BMO Harris Bank, 2012 chairman; Paula Carynski, OSF Saint Anthony; Tara Blazer, Salvation Army; Brecken Haak, BMO Harris Bank; Beth Howard, Coronado Theatre; and Ann Hayes, Rockford Health System.
The Go Red for Women Luncheon, themed around sisterhood and inspiration, is a life-changing experience that focuses on three areas to support the fight against heart disease in women: heightening awareness of the issue, creating a passionate call to action, and generating funds to support education and research.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue