- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Gun control is an oxymoron
Bad guys will always find a way, so somber music, media marathons, motive searches, background checks, prayer vigils, and “national discussions” are irrelevant. The Second Amendment was meant to arm militias, not madmen.
Until the federal government requires ample time to turn in all guns before punishing those who don’t, senseless murders will go on and on.
Carolyn S. Kelley
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue