- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Gun control is an oxymoron
Bad guys will always find a way, so somber music, media marathons, motive searches, background checks, prayer vigils, and “national discussions” are irrelevant. The Second Amendment was meant to arm militias, not madmen.
Until the federal government requires ample time to turn in all guns before punishing those who don’t, senseless murders will go on and on.
Carolyn S. Kelley
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue