- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Gun control is an oxymoron
Bad guys will always find a way, so somber music, media marathons, motive searches, background checks, prayer vigils, and “national discussions” are irrelevant. The Second Amendment was meant to arm militias, not madmen.
Until the federal government requires ample time to turn in all guns before punishing those who don’t, senseless murders will go on and on.
Carolyn S. Kelley
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue