- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Gun control is an oxymoron
Bad guys will always find a way, so somber music, media marathons, motive searches, background checks, prayer vigils, and “national discussions” are irrelevant. The Second Amendment was meant to arm militias, not madmen.
Until the federal government requires ample time to turn in all guns before punishing those who don’t, senseless murders will go on and on.
Carolyn S. Kelley
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue