- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
High Maintenance to host holiday benefit show Dec. 20
• Proceeds from event benefit Remedies domestic violence shelter in Rockford
High Maintenance Salon and Spa will be hosting a holiday show at Franchesco’s Ristorante Thursday, Dec. 20. The show will benefit Remedies, a domestic violence shelter that has been serving the Rockford and northern Illinois area since 1955.
“The Singing Stylists” will highlight this year’s event with different styles of holiday music, including burlesque, country, lounge, rockabilly, jazz and blues.
Doors will open at 6:45 p.m. for general admission, but a VIP party will take place at 6 p.m. The VIP package will include a drink ticket, hors d’oeuvres, holiday gift bag, downloads of “The Singing Stylists” 2010 and 2011 CDs and the chance to win a variety of door prizes. VIP tickets are $50, while general admission tickets will cost $25.
High Maintenance will be accepting donations for Remedies to provide linens, blankets and pillows. These items can be dropped off at either High Maintenance location. Those who wish to show their support can also make donations the night of the event.
Tickets are on sale now at both High Maintenance Salon and Spa locations at 4401 Peake Drive inside the Peak Sports Club in Loves Park, Ill., and at 5322 Williams Drive in Roscoe, Ill. For more information, call (815) 963-1948.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue