- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
High Maintenance to host holiday benefit show Dec. 20
• Proceeds from event benefit Remedies domestic violence shelter in Rockford
High Maintenance Salon and Spa will be hosting a holiday show at Franchesco’s Ristorante Thursday, Dec. 20. The show will benefit Remedies, a domestic violence shelter that has been serving the Rockford and northern Illinois area since 1955.
“The Singing Stylists” will highlight this year’s event with different styles of holiday music, including burlesque, country, lounge, rockabilly, jazz and blues.
Doors will open at 6:45 p.m. for general admission, but a VIP party will take place at 6 p.m. The VIP package will include a drink ticket, hors d’oeuvres, holiday gift bag, downloads of “The Singing Stylists” 2010 and 2011 CDs and the chance to win a variety of door prizes. VIP tickets are $50, while general admission tickets will cost $25.
High Maintenance will be accepting donations for Remedies to provide linens, blankets and pillows. These items can be dropped off at either High Maintenance location. Those who wish to show their support can also make donations the night of the event.
Tickets are on sale now at both High Maintenance Salon and Spa locations at 4401 Peake Drive inside the Peak Sports Club in Loves Park, Ill., and at 5322 Williams Drive in Roscoe, Ill. For more information, call (815) 963-1948.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue