- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
St. Anthony honors employees for Spirit of Service
Theodore S. Ingrassia, M.D., was chosen by OSF Saint Anthony staff as the recipient of the Physician Excellence Spirit of Service Award. This honor is awarded to physicians who demonstrate a spirit of service in one or more of the following categories: respect and dignity, stewardship, communication, team player and problem solving.
Dr. Ingrassia specializes in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease and sleep medicine. Five other OSF Saint Anthony physicians were nominated for this honor, including Dr. David Cable, Dr. James Girardy, Dr. Robert Hodge, Dr. Allen Ong and Dr. Yonghua Zhang.
Jen Cottrell, R.N., surgical nurse, was chosen as the recipient of the Physician Choice Award, which is awarded to an employee who exemplifies excellence in patient care. It is given in honor of Joyce Nicklas, MBA, R.N., who was vice president of quality, regional development and trauma services at OSF Saint Anthony until she passed away in July 2006.
Nicklas was a strong advocate for patient safety and championed numerous projects to improve the lives of patients and their families. Four other employees were nominated for this honor, including April Perry, R.N.; Nicole Butler, R.N.; Christine M. Anderson, R.N.; and Amy Clendening, R.N.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue