- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
St. Anthony honors employees for Spirit of Service
Theodore S. Ingrassia, M.D., was chosen by OSF Saint Anthony staff as the recipient of the Physician Excellence Spirit of Service Award. This honor is awarded to physicians who demonstrate a spirit of service in one or more of the following categories: respect and dignity, stewardship, communication, team player and problem solving.
Dr. Ingrassia specializes in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease and sleep medicine. Five other OSF Saint Anthony physicians were nominated for this honor, including Dr. David Cable, Dr. James Girardy, Dr. Robert Hodge, Dr. Allen Ong and Dr. Yonghua Zhang.
Jen Cottrell, R.N., surgical nurse, was chosen as the recipient of the Physician Choice Award, which is awarded to an employee who exemplifies excellence in patient care. It is given in honor of Joyce Nicklas, MBA, R.N., who was vice president of quality, regional development and trauma services at OSF Saint Anthony until she passed away in July 2006.
Nicklas was a strong advocate for patient safety and championed numerous projects to improve the lives of patients and their families. Four other employees were nominated for this honor, including April Perry, R.N.; Nicole Butler, R.N.; Christine M. Anderson, R.N.; and Amy Clendening, R.N.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue