- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
St. Anthony honors employees for Spirit of Service
Theodore S. Ingrassia, M.D., was chosen by OSF Saint Anthony staff as the recipient of the Physician Excellence Spirit of Service Award. This honor is awarded to physicians who demonstrate a spirit of service in one or more of the following categories: respect and dignity, stewardship, communication, team player and problem solving.
Dr. Ingrassia specializes in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease and sleep medicine. Five other OSF Saint Anthony physicians were nominated for this honor, including Dr. David Cable, Dr. James Girardy, Dr. Robert Hodge, Dr. Allen Ong and Dr. Yonghua Zhang.
Jen Cottrell, R.N., surgical nurse, was chosen as the recipient of the Physician Choice Award, which is awarded to an employee who exemplifies excellence in patient care. It is given in honor of Joyce Nicklas, MBA, R.N., who was vice president of quality, regional development and trauma services at OSF Saint Anthony until she passed away in July 2006.
Nicklas was a strong advocate for patient safety and championed numerous projects to improve the lives of patients and their families. Four other employees were nominated for this honor, including April Perry, R.N.; Nicole Butler, R.N.; Christine M. Anderson, R.N.; and Amy Clendening, R.N.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue