- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
St. Anthony honors employees for Spirit of Service
Theodore S. Ingrassia, M.D., was chosen by OSF Saint Anthony staff as the recipient of the Physician Excellence Spirit of Service Award. This honor is awarded to physicians who demonstrate a spirit of service in one or more of the following categories: respect and dignity, stewardship, communication, team player and problem solving.
Dr. Ingrassia specializes in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease and sleep medicine. Five other OSF Saint Anthony physicians were nominated for this honor, including Dr. David Cable, Dr. James Girardy, Dr. Robert Hodge, Dr. Allen Ong and Dr. Yonghua Zhang.
Jen Cottrell, R.N., surgical nurse, was chosen as the recipient of the Physician Choice Award, which is awarded to an employee who exemplifies excellence in patient care. It is given in honor of Joyce Nicklas, MBA, R.N., who was vice president of quality, regional development and trauma services at OSF Saint Anthony until she passed away in July 2006.
Nicklas was a strong advocate for patient safety and championed numerous projects to improve the lives of patients and their families. Four other employees were nominated for this honor, including April Perry, R.N.; Nicole Butler, R.N.; Christine M. Anderson, R.N.; and Amy Clendening, R.N.
From the Dec. 19-25, 2012, issue