- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Forest preserves, equestrian trails to close during deer shotgun season
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Forest Preserve District will close five preserves and equestrian trails because of safety concerns during deer shotgun season Dec. 27-30, 2012, and Jan. 18-20, 2013.
Seward Bluffs, Pecatonica Wetlands, Pecatonica River, Laona Heights and Sugar River forest preserves will be closed for all uses on these weekends because of hunting activity on surrounding properties.
All horse trails in these preserves, and in Deer Run, Oak Ridge and Rotary Forest preserves, will be closed these dates.
Posted Dec. 20, 2012