- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
Forest preserves, equestrian trails to close during deer shotgun season
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Forest Preserve District will close five preserves and equestrian trails because of safety concerns during deer shotgun season Dec. 27-30, 2012, and Jan. 18-20, 2013.
Seward Bluffs, Pecatonica Wetlands, Pecatonica River, Laona Heights and Sugar River forest preserves will be closed for all uses on these weekends because of hunting activity on surrounding properties.
All horse trails in these preserves, and in Deer Run, Oak Ridge and Rotary Forest preserves, will be closed these dates.
Posted Dec. 20, 2012