- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Forest preserves, equestrian trails to close during deer shotgun season
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Forest Preserve District will close five preserves and equestrian trails because of safety concerns during deer shotgun season Dec. 27-30, 2012, and Jan. 18-20, 2013.
Seward Bluffs, Pecatonica Wetlands, Pecatonica River, Laona Heights and Sugar River forest preserves will be closed for all uses on these weekends because of hunting activity on surrounding properties.
All horse trails in these preserves, and in Deer Run, Oak Ridge and Rotary Forest preserves, will be closed these dates.
Posted Dec. 20, 2012