- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Forest preserves, equestrian trails to close during deer shotgun season
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Forest Preserve District will close five preserves and equestrian trails because of safety concerns during deer shotgun season Dec. 27-30, 2012, and Jan. 18-20, 2013.
Seward Bluffs, Pecatonica Wetlands, Pecatonica River, Laona Heights and Sugar River forest preserves will be closed for all uses on these weekends because of hunting activity on surrounding properties.
All horse trails in these preserves, and in Deer Run, Oak Ridge and Rotary Forest preserves, will be closed these dates.
Posted Dec. 20, 2012