- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Forest preserves, equestrian trails to close during deer shotgun season
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Forest Preserve District will close five preserves and equestrian trails because of safety concerns during deer shotgun season Dec. 27-30, 2012, and Jan. 18-20, 2013.
Seward Bluffs, Pecatonica Wetlands, Pecatonica River, Laona Heights and Sugar River forest preserves will be closed for all uses on these weekends because of hunting activity on surrounding properties.
All horse trails in these preserves, and in Deer Run, Oak Ridge and Rotary Forest preserves, will be closed these dates.
Posted Dec. 20, 2012