- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Amy Brewer among 2012 People You Should Know
Amy Brewer, Riverside Community Bank vice president for commercial banking and a team leader, has been named one of the 2012 20 People You Should Know by the Rockford Chamber of Commerce. All 20 were honored during the chamber’s second annual People You Should Know celebration.
Brewer, along with the other honorees, was chosen for her civic, economic, professional and cultural contributions to the Rockford area. “I’m very thankful to be recognized by my peers,” said Brewer. “I grew up here and to be recognized for what I’ve done for the community through my professional and civic accomplishments is very exciting for me.”
Brewer has taught budgeting skills to students in Junior Achievement, helped secure an apartment building for women recovering from substance addiction, and took part in a fund-raising dance competition to raise funds for Family Counseling Services.
A selection committee chose this year’s class after reviewing more than 60 nominations. Brewer can be reached by phone at (815) 484-7509 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue