- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Amy Brewer among 2012 People You Should Know
Amy Brewer, Riverside Community Bank vice president for commercial banking and a team leader, has been named one of the 2012 20 People You Should Know by the Rockford Chamber of Commerce. All 20 were honored during the chamber’s second annual People You Should Know celebration.
Brewer, along with the other honorees, was chosen for her civic, economic, professional and cultural contributions to the Rockford area. “I’m very thankful to be recognized by my peers,” said Brewer. “I grew up here and to be recognized for what I’ve done for the community through my professional and civic accomplishments is very exciting for me.”
Brewer has taught budgeting skills to students in Junior Achievement, helped secure an apartment building for women recovering from substance addiction, and took part in a fund-raising dance competition to raise funds for Family Counseling Services.
A selection committee chose this year’s class after reviewing more than 60 nominations. Brewer can be reached by phone at (815) 484-7509 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue