- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Monster trucks return to BMO Harris Bank Center Feb. 1-2
Monster Jam Thunder Nationals returns to Rockford’s BMO Harris Bank Center for three performances Feb. 1-2. Tickets are on sale now for the event.
Rockfordian Jim Burns, driver of Mechanical Mischief, will again be featured in the competition.
Tickets ($20 and $30 for adults and $5 for children 2-12) are available at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, online at www.thebmoharrisbankcenter.com or by phone at (815) 968-5222.
Performances will be at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 1, and 2 and 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 2.
The event will feature Black Stallion, Iron Warrior, Get Er Done, Robo Machine, Mechanical Mischief and Rap Attack.
The Party in the Pits from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 2, gives fans the opportunity to get an up-close view of the trucks and meet the drivers of the massive monster trucks. Pit passes can be purchased for $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 2-12 at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, online or by phone.
Approximately 12 feet tall and about 12 feet wide, Monster Jam trucks are custom-designed machines that sit atop 66-inch-tall tires and weigh a minimum of 10,000 pounds. Built for short, high-powered bursts of speed, Monster Jam trucks generate 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower and are capable of speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. Monster Jam trucks can fly up to 125 to 130 feet (a distance greater than 14 cars side by side) and up to 35 feet in the air.
Monster Jam, sanctioned by the United States Hot Rod Association, is the most popular monster truck tour, performing to more than 4 million fans annually at the most prestigious arenas and stadiums throughout the world. Monster Jam shows consist of three main fan-favorite elements — the pit party, racing and freestyle. The pit party gives all fans a chance to meet the stars of Monster Jam up-close while taking pictures and getting autographs.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue