- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Van Matre physician earns Patient Experience Award
Scott Craig, M.D., medical director at Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, recently received the 2012 Patient Experience Award during HealthSouth’s Medical Directors’ Conference held in Coral Gables, Fla.
The award recognizes HealthSouth’s physicians who set the highest standards for patient care. By providing quality outcomes, protecting privacy, listening to needs and respecting preferences, Dr. Craig is one of only 12 physicians serving in HealthSouth’s network of 99 rehabilitation hospitals to earn this designation.
“Under Dr. Craig’s leadership, our clinical staff works together as a team to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Ken Bowman, chief executive officer of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 950 S. Mulford. “He goes above and beyond to build a day-to-day culture where patient care is delivered with comfort, professionalism and respect. All of our staff, including myself, takes great pride in working with him.”
Dr. Craig has been the medical director at VanMatre for more than eight years. He is a graduate of Loyola University Medical School and completed his residency at Marionjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Clinics. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue