- House turns to workers’ comp; workers, business interests testify
- Right-to-work not right for workers
- Several aspects of the Cubs bring optimism
- ‘Hogs handle Stars, move on to Grand Rapids
- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
Van Matre physician earns Patient Experience Award
Scott Craig, M.D., medical director at Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, recently received the 2012 Patient Experience Award during HealthSouth’s Medical Directors’ Conference held in Coral Gables, Fla.
The award recognizes HealthSouth’s physicians who set the highest standards for patient care. By providing quality outcomes, protecting privacy, listening to needs and respecting preferences, Dr. Craig is one of only 12 physicians serving in HealthSouth’s network of 99 rehabilitation hospitals to earn this designation.
“Under Dr. Craig’s leadership, our clinical staff works together as a team to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Ken Bowman, chief executive officer of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 950 S. Mulford. “He goes above and beyond to build a day-to-day culture where patient care is delivered with comfort, professionalism and respect. All of our staff, including myself, takes great pride in working with him.”
Dr. Craig has been the medical director at VanMatre for more than eight years. He is a graduate of Loyola University Medical School and completed his residency at Marionjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Clinics. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue