- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Van Matre physician earns Patient Experience Award
Scott Craig, M.D., medical director at Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, recently received the 2012 Patient Experience Award during HealthSouth’s Medical Directors’ Conference held in Coral Gables, Fla.
The award recognizes HealthSouth’s physicians who set the highest standards for patient care. By providing quality outcomes, protecting privacy, listening to needs and respecting preferences, Dr. Craig is one of only 12 physicians serving in HealthSouth’s network of 99 rehabilitation hospitals to earn this designation.
“Under Dr. Craig’s leadership, our clinical staff works together as a team to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Ken Bowman, chief executive officer of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 950 S. Mulford. “He goes above and beyond to build a day-to-day culture where patient care is delivered with comfort, professionalism and respect. All of our staff, including myself, takes great pride in working with him.”
Dr. Craig has been the medical director at VanMatre for more than eight years. He is a graduate of Loyola University Medical School and completed his residency at Marionjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Clinics. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue