- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Van Matre physician earns Patient Experience Award
Scott Craig, M.D., medical director at Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, recently received the 2012 Patient Experience Award during HealthSouth’s Medical Directors’ Conference held in Coral Gables, Fla.
The award recognizes HealthSouth’s physicians who set the highest standards for patient care. By providing quality outcomes, protecting privacy, listening to needs and respecting preferences, Dr. Craig is one of only 12 physicians serving in HealthSouth’s network of 99 rehabilitation hospitals to earn this designation.
“Under Dr. Craig’s leadership, our clinical staff works together as a team to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Ken Bowman, chief executive officer of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 950 S. Mulford. “He goes above and beyond to build a day-to-day culture where patient care is delivered with comfort, professionalism and respect. All of our staff, including myself, takes great pride in working with him.”
Dr. Craig has been the medical director at VanMatre for more than eight years. He is a graduate of Loyola University Medical School and completed his residency at Marionjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Clinics. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue