- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Van Matre physician earns Patient Experience Award
Scott Craig, M.D., medical director at Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, recently received the 2012 Patient Experience Award during HealthSouth’s Medical Directors’ Conference held in Coral Gables, Fla.
The award recognizes HealthSouth’s physicians who set the highest standards for patient care. By providing quality outcomes, protecting privacy, listening to needs and respecting preferences, Dr. Craig is one of only 12 physicians serving in HealthSouth’s network of 99 rehabilitation hospitals to earn this designation.
“Under Dr. Craig’s leadership, our clinical staff works together as a team to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care services,” said Ken Bowman, chief executive officer of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 950 S. Mulford. “He goes above and beyond to build a day-to-day culture where patient care is delivered with comfort, professionalism and respect. All of our staff, including myself, takes great pride in working with him.”
Dr. Craig has been the medical director at VanMatre for more than eight years. He is a graduate of Loyola University Medical School and completed his residency at Marionjoy Rehabilitation Hospital-Clinics. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and pain medicine.
From the Dec. 26, 2012-Jan. 1, 2013, issue