- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Help feed Timber Lake performers
Editor’s note: The following was distributed in a Dec. 27 e-mail.
Did you know Timber Lake Playhouse provides two meals a day for 36 performers and designers throughout the summer? That’s 5,688 meals prepared by Donna Lessman and her dedicated kitchen staff.
Feeding a family can be expensive, and when there are close to 40 in our family, we know how to stretch a dollar! It costs about $30,000 each summer to keep our troops well fed so they have the energy to pull off a staggering 90 performances in under 110 days.
Your contributions help us make that happen. The cost of one meal is $5. Can you give one or two meals — or more?
We’d like to cover one-third of next summer’s meals by the end of 2012! That’s only five days, but we think we can do it! If everyone who sees this e-mail gives $5, we can raise $10,000!
It’s not too late for one more tax deduction this year. Show your appreciation to our talented company and give a meal here: https://app.ticketturtle.com/index.php?contribution=tlp.
Thank you for supporting our artists, and have a wonderful finish to 2012!
Executive Director, Timber Lake Playhouse
Mount Carroll, Ill.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue