- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Help feed Timber Lake performers
Editor’s note: The following was distributed in a Dec. 27 e-mail.
Did you know Timber Lake Playhouse provides two meals a day for 36 performers and designers throughout the summer? That’s 5,688 meals prepared by Donna Lessman and her dedicated kitchen staff.
Feeding a family can be expensive, and when there are close to 40 in our family, we know how to stretch a dollar! It costs about $30,000 each summer to keep our troops well fed so they have the energy to pull off a staggering 90 performances in under 110 days.
Your contributions help us make that happen. The cost of one meal is $5. Can you give one or two meals — or more?
We’d like to cover one-third of next summer’s meals by the end of 2012! That’s only five days, but we think we can do it! If everyone who sees this e-mail gives $5, we can raise $10,000!
It’s not too late for one more tax deduction this year. Show your appreciation to our talented company and give a meal here: https://app.ticketturtle.com/index.php?contribution=tlp.
Thank you for supporting our artists, and have a wonderful finish to 2012!
Executive Director, Timber Lake Playhouse
Mount Carroll, Ill.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue