- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Help feed Timber Lake performers
Editor’s note: The following was distributed in a Dec. 27 e-mail.
Did you know Timber Lake Playhouse provides two meals a day for 36 performers and designers throughout the summer? That’s 5,688 meals prepared by Donna Lessman and her dedicated kitchen staff.
Feeding a family can be expensive, and when there are close to 40 in our family, we know how to stretch a dollar! It costs about $30,000 each summer to keep our troops well fed so they have the energy to pull off a staggering 90 performances in under 110 days.
Your contributions help us make that happen. The cost of one meal is $5. Can you give one or two meals — or more?
We’d like to cover one-third of next summer’s meals by the end of 2012! That’s only five days, but we think we can do it! If everyone who sees this e-mail gives $5, we can raise $10,000!
It’s not too late for one more tax deduction this year. Show your appreciation to our talented company and give a meal here: https://app.ticketturtle.com/index.php?contribution=tlp.
Thank you for supporting our artists, and have a wonderful finish to 2012!
Executive Director, Timber Lake Playhouse
Mount Carroll, Ill.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue