- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
January art exhibit to feature Ingrid Dohm
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit Fine Arts Incubator’s January show will feature Ingrid Dohm.
An award-winning, internationally-known artist, Dohm is based both in Rockford and her native Austria. She is well-known for her lush, vibrant use of color to create uniquely elegant, original artwork in a representational and impressionistic style.
Dohm’s subjects include landscapes, street scenes and portraits, but she is best known for her floral still lifes. Her medium of choice is both watercolor and acrylic. Her work will be on display for the entire month of January with an opening reception to the public from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 4, at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Dohm has participated as a watercolor instructor during Beloit’s Edge of the Rock Plein Air Painting Event, held each June. Some of her work is on permanent display in the Monroe Clinic and Hospital addition as well as in the Embassy of Artists in Washington, D.C. In 2007, she received the Individual Artist Award from the Rockford Area Arts Council.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue