- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
January art exhibit to feature Ingrid Dohm
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit Fine Arts Incubator’s January show will feature Ingrid Dohm.
An award-winning, internationally-known artist, Dohm is based both in Rockford and her native Austria. She is well-known for her lush, vibrant use of color to create uniquely elegant, original artwork in a representational and impressionistic style.
Dohm’s subjects include landscapes, street scenes and portraits, but she is best known for her floral still lifes. Her medium of choice is both watercolor and acrylic. Her work will be on display for the entire month of January with an opening reception to the public from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 4, at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Dohm has participated as a watercolor instructor during Beloit’s Edge of the Rock Plein Air Painting Event, held each June. Some of her work is on permanent display in the Monroe Clinic and Hospital addition as well as in the Embassy of Artists in Washington, D.C. In 2007, she received the Individual Artist Award from the Rockford Area Arts Council.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue