- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
January art exhibit to feature Ingrid Dohm
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit Fine Arts Incubator’s January show will feature Ingrid Dohm.
An award-winning, internationally-known artist, Dohm is based both in Rockford and her native Austria. She is well-known for her lush, vibrant use of color to create uniquely elegant, original artwork in a representational and impressionistic style.
Dohm’s subjects include landscapes, street scenes and portraits, but she is best known for her floral still lifes. Her medium of choice is both watercolor and acrylic. Her work will be on display for the entire month of January with an opening reception to the public from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 4, at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Dohm has participated as a watercolor instructor during Beloit’s Edge of the Rock Plein Air Painting Event, held each June. Some of her work is on permanent display in the Monroe Clinic and Hospital addition as well as in the Embassy of Artists in Washington, D.C. In 2007, she received the Individual Artist Award from the Rockford Area Arts Council.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue