- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
January art exhibit to feature Ingrid Dohm
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit Fine Arts Incubator’s January show will feature Ingrid Dohm.
An award-winning, internationally-known artist, Dohm is based both in Rockford and her native Austria. She is well-known for her lush, vibrant use of color to create uniquely elegant, original artwork in a representational and impressionistic style.
Dohm’s subjects include landscapes, street scenes and portraits, but she is best known for her floral still lifes. Her medium of choice is both watercolor and acrylic. Her work will be on display for the entire month of January with an opening reception to the public from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Friday, Jan. 4, at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis.
Dohm has participated as a watercolor instructor during Beloit’s Edge of the Rock Plein Air Painting Event, held each June. Some of her work is on permanent display in the Monroe Clinic and Hospital addition as well as in the Embassy of Artists in Washington, D.C. In 2007, she received the Individual Artist Award from the Rockford Area Arts Council.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue