- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Larson & Darby Group names interior design director
Larson & Darby Group has announced that Sherry L. Gaumond, IIDA, LEED AP ID+C, has recently been appointed director of interior design for the 50-person firm.
A graduate of the Interior Architecture program at Northern Illinois University, Gaumond has been an interior designer with Larson & Darby Group for 17 years, overseeing all aspects of design and construction phases for interiors projects in multiple market sectors.
She believes a well-designed, environmentally-conscious environment will enhance employee productivity and positively impact an organization’s culture. With that belief, she has created interior environments that have received several Northern Illinois Chapter of the AIA’s Excellence in Design Awards and LEED building certifications.
Founded in Rockford in 1964, Larson & Darby Group is a full-service architectural, engineering, interiors, planning and technology firm with offices in Rockford, Peoria and St. Charles, Ill.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue