- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Larson & Darby Group names interior design director
Larson & Darby Group has announced that Sherry L. Gaumond, IIDA, LEED AP ID+C, has recently been appointed director of interior design for the 50-person firm.
A graduate of the Interior Architecture program at Northern Illinois University, Gaumond has been an interior designer with Larson & Darby Group for 17 years, overseeing all aspects of design and construction phases for interiors projects in multiple market sectors.
She believes a well-designed, environmentally-conscious environment will enhance employee productivity and positively impact an organization’s culture. With that belief, she has created interior environments that have received several Northern Illinois Chapter of the AIA’s Excellence in Design Awards and LEED building certifications.
Founded in Rockford in 1964, Larson & Darby Group is a full-service architectural, engineering, interiors, planning and technology firm with offices in Rockford, Peoria and St. Charles, Ill.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue