- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
OSF to open Byron, Rockton locations in August 2013
Officials at OSF HealthCare have announced plans to open two new OSF Medical Group offices in August 2013 — one in Byron, Ill., and one in Rockton, Ill.
The Bryon office will be within the former Byron Public Library building at 109 N. Franklin St. OSF purchased the building Dec. 17, 2012. Immediate plans call for no major external changes to the facility, but for renovation of about 7,000 square feet of the interior. Interior demolition and renovation will begin in early January with an opening date goal of Aug. 1, 2013. The office will contain one OSF Medical Group physician initially, Dr. Rachel Myers, with plans to expand to three physicians in the future.
The Rockton office will be inside a planned commercial complex to be at 4686 E. Rockton Road. About 5,000 square feet of space will be used for the medical clinic, medical offices and ancillary services. Construction will begin in early 2013 with a similar opening date planned for Aug. 1, 2013. It will be designed to accommodate up to three physicians, with one physician staffing the site initially.
Dr. Jeffry Tillery, vice president, OSF Medical Group Northern Region, said: “We extend our geographic reach to new populations with the same commitment to service, quality and safety offered in our Rockford practices. We look forward to our new partnerships and the impact they bring to improve the health of these and surrounding communities.”
Byron Mayor Christopher Millard said: “The City of Byron is always excited to welcome new businesses, both for retail and service. This is a great opportunity to use an existing building in our community to help serve residents in the area. This is fantastic news for our community in these down economic times.”
Dale Adams, Rockton Village president added: “We’re pleased to welcome OSF to our community. Their commitment of a medical clinic will meet the needs of an underserved area and add to a growing commercial district. The village looks forward to working with OSF.”
OSF invites both communities to follow the progress of these projects on its Facebook or Twitter social media sites or at www.osfmedicalgroup.org.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue