- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Park District hosts Community Snow Sculpting Contest
Be on the lookout for “random acts of snow sculpting” throughout the community this season as the Rockford Park District presents its Third Annual Community Snow Sculpting Contest.
Individuals, families, businesses and area organizations are invited to have some fun outdoors building a snow sculpture. Snap a photo of your sculpture and submit it for a chance to win some cool prizes from the Rockford Park District.
How to enter
2. Deliver form found on www.ilsnowsculpting.com and printed photo to Rockford Park District Customer Service locations at either Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, by Jan. 13, 2013.
• Open to individuals, families, organizations and businesses
• Must never have entered a professional snow sculpting competition
• Sculpture must be built on front or back yard property
• Sculpture must be a minimum of 3 feet in height
• Props allowed, but 75 percent of creation must be visible snow. (Prop examples: brooms, carrots, scarves, etc.)
• Photo must include the sculptor(s), and will not be returned
• No power tools can be used to create sculpture
• Colors and internal supports are allowed
• Everyone who enters and submits a photo will be entered into a drawing to receive one of five Rockford Park District Sampler Packages.
• The best sculpture will be selected by a Rockford Park District jury to receive a grand prize of a Rockford Park District Sampler Package, plus four free Magic Waters tickets and four free tube rentals.
• All winners will be contacted by Jan. 14, 2013, and announced at the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition awards ceremony Jan. 19, 2013.
For more information, contact the Atwood Center by calling (815) 874-7576 (TTY, 888-871-6171), or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue