- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Park District hosts Community Snow Sculpting Contest
Be on the lookout for “random acts of snow sculpting” throughout the community this season as the Rockford Park District presents its Third Annual Community Snow Sculpting Contest.
Individuals, families, businesses and area organizations are invited to have some fun outdoors building a snow sculpture. Snap a photo of your sculpture and submit it for a chance to win some cool prizes from the Rockford Park District.
How to enter
2. Deliver form found on www.ilsnowsculpting.com and printed photo to Rockford Park District Customer Service locations at either Webbs Norman Center, 401 S. Main St., Rockford, or Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road, Loves Park, by Jan. 13, 2013.
• Open to individuals, families, organizations and businesses
• Must never have entered a professional snow sculpting competition
• Sculpture must be built on front or back yard property
• Sculpture must be a minimum of 3 feet in height
• Props allowed, but 75 percent of creation must be visible snow. (Prop examples: brooms, carrots, scarves, etc.)
• Photo must include the sculptor(s), and will not be returned
• No power tools can be used to create sculpture
• Colors and internal supports are allowed
• Everyone who enters and submits a photo will be entered into a drawing to receive one of five Rockford Park District Sampler Packages.
• The best sculpture will be selected by a Rockford Park District jury to receive a grand prize of a Rockford Park District Sampler Package, plus four free Magic Waters tickets and four free tube rentals.
• All winners will be contacted by Jan. 14, 2013, and announced at the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition awards ceremony Jan. 19, 2013.
For more information, contact the Atwood Center by calling (815) 874-7576 (TTY, 888-871-6171), or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Jan. 2-8, 2013, issue