- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Jo Daviess County woman arrested for allegedly embezzling $150,000 from former employer
Online Staff Report
Jill A. Jackoniski, 42, of East Dubuque, Ill., was arrested on an outstanding warrant Jan. 2 by the Dubuque Police Department at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque, Iowa.
The arrest warrant, for theft more than $100,000, a class 1 felony, was issued by Jo Daviess County Judge William Kelly following a four-month Illinois State Police investigation.
The investigation focused on allegations that Jackoniski embezzled approximately $150,000 from her former employer between May 2011 and May 2012. Jackoniski is being held at the Dubuque County Jail awaiting extradition.
Upon extradition, Jackoniski will be held on $100,000 bond at the Jo Daviess County Jail.
Posted Jan. 3, 2013