- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
College of Nursing names new board member
Kimberly A. Entsminger, BJ, was approved to the Saint Anthony College of Nursing Board. Entsminger graduated from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. She is active in the Rockford community, volunteering with Westminster Presbyterian Church and Rockford Lutheran Schools.
Prior to joining the Rockford community, Entsminger volunteered at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in Effingham, Ill., from 2003-2006 in the Community Relations Department, served as auxiliary board member and was vice president and special events chairman.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue