- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Feb. 1 deadline for RAMI Youth Charity Jam applications
RAMI (Rockford Area Music Industry) will hold the 2013 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Auditions at 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, at Tebala Shrine Temple.
High school bands from Winnebago, Boone, Ogle and Stephenson counties are invited to submit an application by Feb. 1. The application may be submitted online at ramiawards.com.
At least two-thirds of the band members must be attending high school and younger than 19. The top seven bands will advance to the 2013 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. The first-place winner will receive $300, 10 hours of recording time from Barker Recording Studio and will be invited to perform at the 22nd Annual RAMI Awards Friday, April 19. The second-place winner will receive $250, third-place winner $200 and the band selling the most tickets to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam $100.
Admission to the auditions is $3 per person, and children younger than 12 are admitted free.
Proceeds from the auditions and Youth Charity Jam will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. The scholarship is awarded during the RAMI Awards Ceremony to a graduating high school student pursuing a degree in music performance, education or composition.
Contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or email@example.com for more about the RAMIs.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue