- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Feb. 1 deadline for RAMI Youth Charity Jam applications
RAMI (Rockford Area Music Industry) will hold the 2013 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Auditions at 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, at Tebala Shrine Temple.
High school bands from Winnebago, Boone, Ogle and Stephenson counties are invited to submit an application by Feb. 1. The application may be submitted online at ramiawards.com.
At least two-thirds of the band members must be attending high school and younger than 19. The top seven bands will advance to the 2013 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. The first-place winner will receive $300, 10 hours of recording time from Barker Recording Studio and will be invited to perform at the 22nd Annual RAMI Awards Friday, April 19. The second-place winner will receive $250, third-place winner $200 and the band selling the most tickets to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam $100.
Admission to the auditions is $3 per person, and children younger than 12 are admitted free.
Proceeds from the auditions and Youth Charity Jam will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. The scholarship is awarded during the RAMI Awards Ceremony to a graduating high school student pursuing a degree in music performance, education or composition.
Contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more about the RAMIs.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue