- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Feb. 1 deadline for RAMI Youth Charity Jam applications
RAMI (Rockford Area Music Industry) will hold the 2013 RAMI Youth Charity Jam Auditions at 6 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, at Tebala Shrine Temple.
High school bands from Winnebago, Boone, Ogle and Stephenson counties are invited to submit an application by Feb. 1. The application may be submitted online at ramiawards.com.
At least two-thirds of the band members must be attending high school and younger than 19. The top seven bands will advance to the 2013 RAMI Youth Charity Jam. The first-place winner will receive $300, 10 hours of recording time from Barker Recording Studio and will be invited to perform at the 22nd Annual RAMI Awards Friday, April 19. The second-place winner will receive $250, third-place winner $200 and the band selling the most tickets to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam $100.
Admission to the auditions is $3 per person, and children younger than 12 are admitted free.
Proceeds from the auditions and Youth Charity Jam will be applied to the RAMI Youth Charity Jam Scholarship administered by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. The scholarship is awarded during the RAMI Awards Ceremony to a graduating high school student pursuing a degree in music performance, education or composition.
Contact Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more about the RAMIs.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue