- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
IceHogs offer road trip
By Doug Halberstadt
ROAD TRIP! For the second time this season, the Rockford IceHogs are offering their fans the opportunity to travel with the team. This Saturday (Jan. 12), ’Hogs fans can hop aboard the Road Hog fan bus and cruise up to Milwaukee to cheer on the team as they battle the Admirals.
For $25, fans will receive round-trip transportation to and from the BMO Harris Bradley Center and a ticket to the game. The bus will depart from District Bar and Grill (205 W. State St., Rockford) in downtown Rockford at 3 p.m., Saturday, and return immediately following the game. Fans can begin to check-in at District beginning at 2:30 p.m.
To reserve your spot on the Road Hogs bus, call the IceHogs’ front office at (815) 847-6399 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Spots are limited, and all reservations need to be made by Thursday, Jan. 10, at 5 p.m.
Fans that make the trip will be permitted to bring small coolers with food and beverages on the trip. Coolers brought on board must be able to fit underneath a bus seat.
Rockford will be looking to get their first win of 2013 tonight (Wednesday, Jan. 9). They have lost their first two games in 2013. Tonight, the puck drops at 7:05 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The ’Hogs will be facing off against the Grand Rapids Griffins. The two teams have met four previous times this season, all in Grand Rapids. The ’Hogs took the first meeting of the year back on Oct. 27 and have dropped the next three. The last time these two teams faced one another was on New Year’s Eve.
Tonight’s game is another WXRX Dollar Day as fans can take advantage of dollar beers, hot dogs, soft drinks and companion tickets.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue