- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
IceHogs offer road trip
By Doug Halberstadt
ROAD TRIP! For the second time this season, the Rockford IceHogs are offering their fans the opportunity to travel with the team. This Saturday (Jan. 12), ’Hogs fans can hop aboard the Road Hog fan bus and cruise up to Milwaukee to cheer on the team as they battle the Admirals.
For $25, fans will receive round-trip transportation to and from the BMO Harris Bradley Center and a ticket to the game. The bus will depart from District Bar and Grill (205 W. State St., Rockford) in downtown Rockford at 3 p.m., Saturday, and return immediately following the game. Fans can begin to check-in at District beginning at 2:30 p.m.
To reserve your spot on the Road Hogs bus, call the IceHogs’ front office at (815) 847-6399 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots are limited, and all reservations need to be made by Thursday, Jan. 10, at 5 p.m.
Fans that make the trip will be permitted to bring small coolers with food and beverages on the trip. Coolers brought on board must be able to fit underneath a bus seat.
Rockford will be looking to get their first win of 2013 tonight (Wednesday, Jan. 9). They have lost their first two games in 2013. Tonight, the puck drops at 7:05 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The ’Hogs will be facing off against the Grand Rapids Griffins. The two teams have met four previous times this season, all in Grand Rapids. The ’Hogs took the first meeting of the year back on Oct. 27 and have dropped the next three. The last time these two teams faced one another was on New Year’s Eve.
Tonight’s game is another WXRX Dollar Day as fans can take advantage of dollar beers, hot dogs, soft drinks and companion tickets.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue