- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford YMCA waives joiner fee in January
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is waiving its joiner fee throughout the month of January with up to $75 off any new membership.
Also throughout the month, the Y will feature prizes just for visiting.
The popular LES Mills BodyPump class has been added to the Y roster. LES BodyPump uses The Rep Effect, using low-weight loads and high-repetition movements to transform and sculpt.
If you are looking for a less intense class, give yoga a try and calm those stressed-out nerves or take a lap in the pools.
Members also have access to the only rock wall, racquetball and hand ball courts in the area.
Gym Class Heroes and The Olympians are two of the Y’s most popular youth fitness classes — where becoming a super hero and staying fit is more exciting than video games.
For more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, visit rockfordymca.org or call (815) 987-2252.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue