- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Rockford YMCA waives joiner fee in January
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is waiving its joiner fee throughout the month of January with up to $75 off any new membership.
Also throughout the month, the Y will feature prizes just for visiting.
The popular LES Mills BodyPump class has been added to the Y roster. LES BodyPump uses The Rep Effect, using low-weight loads and high-repetition movements to transform and sculpt.
If you are looking for a less intense class, give yoga a try and calm those stressed-out nerves or take a lap in the pools.
Members also have access to the only rock wall, racquetball and hand ball courts in the area.
Gym Class Heroes and The Olympians are two of the Y’s most popular youth fitness classes — where becoming a super hero and staying fit is more exciting than video games.
For more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, visit rockfordymca.org or call (815) 987-2252.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue