- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Rockford YMCA waives joiner fee in January
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is waiving its joiner fee throughout the month of January with up to $75 off any new membership.
Also throughout the month, the Y will feature prizes just for visiting.
The popular LES Mills BodyPump class has been added to the Y roster. LES BodyPump uses The Rep Effect, using low-weight loads and high-repetition movements to transform and sculpt.
If you are looking for a less intense class, give yoga a try and calm those stressed-out nerves or take a lap in the pools.
Members also have access to the only rock wall, racquetball and hand ball courts in the area.
Gym Class Heroes and The Olympians are two of the Y’s most popular youth fitness classes — where becoming a super hero and staying fit is more exciting than video games.
For more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, visit rockfordymca.org or call (815) 987-2252.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue