- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Rockford YMCA waives joiner fee in January
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is waiving its joiner fee throughout the month of January with up to $75 off any new membership.
Also throughout the month, the Y will feature prizes just for visiting.
The popular LES Mills BodyPump class has been added to the Y roster. LES BodyPump uses The Rep Effect, using low-weight loads and high-repetition movements to transform and sculpt.
If you are looking for a less intense class, give yoga a try and calm those stressed-out nerves or take a lap in the pools.
Members also have access to the only rock wall, racquetball and hand ball courts in the area.
Gym Class Heroes and The Olympians are two of the Y’s most popular youth fitness classes — where becoming a super hero and staying fit is more exciting than video games.
For more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, visit rockfordymca.org or call (815) 987-2252.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue