- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
Rockford YMCA waives joiner fee in January
The YMCA of Rock River Valley is waiving its joiner fee throughout the month of January with up to $75 off any new membership.
Also throughout the month, the Y will feature prizes just for visiting.
The popular LES Mills BodyPump class has been added to the Y roster. LES BodyPump uses The Rep Effect, using low-weight loads and high-repetition movements to transform and sculpt.
If you are looking for a less intense class, give yoga a try and calm those stressed-out nerves or take a lap in the pools.
Members also have access to the only rock wall, racquetball and hand ball courts in the area.
Gym Class Heroes and The Olympians are two of the Y’s most popular youth fitness classes — where becoming a super hero and staying fit is more exciting than video games.
For more about the YMCA of Rock River Valley, 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, visit rockfordymca.org or call (815) 987-2252.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue