- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Snow sculpting competition postponed to Jan. 23-26 at Sinnissippi
The 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19 at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, has been postponed to Jan. 23-26.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition; there is also a high school division. The Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition is a free, family-friendly community winter event hosted by the Rockford Park District.
John Beck, events and recreation projects manager, said: “We made this decision based on the fact that currently there are not large enough snow piles at the Chicago Rockford International Airport, and the snow quality is poor due to dirt and ice. At this time, there is also no measurable snowfall expected over the next week.”
For more information, visit www.ilsnowsculpting.com or contact Beck at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Sue Howard, cultural arts and special events coordinator, at (815) 987-1603 or email@example.com.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue