- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
Snow sculpting competition postponed to Jan. 23-26 at Sinnissippi
The 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19 at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, has been postponed to Jan. 23-26.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition; there is also a high school division. The Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition is a free, family-friendly community winter event hosted by the Rockford Park District.
John Beck, events and recreation projects manager, said: “We made this decision based on the fact that currently there are not large enough snow piles at the Chicago Rockford International Airport, and the snow quality is poor due to dirt and ice. At this time, there is also no measurable snowfall expected over the next week.”
For more information, visit www.ilsnowsculpting.com or contact Beck at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Sue Howard, cultural arts and special events coordinator, at (815) 987-1603 or email@example.com.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue