- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Snow sculpting competition postponed to Jan. 23-26 at Sinnissippi
The 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19 at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, has been postponed to Jan. 23-26.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition; there is also a high school division. The Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition is a free, family-friendly community winter event hosted by the Rockford Park District.
John Beck, events and recreation projects manager, said: “We made this decision based on the fact that currently there are not large enough snow piles at the Chicago Rockford International Airport, and the snow quality is poor due to dirt and ice. At this time, there is also no measurable snowfall expected over the next week.”
For more information, visit www.ilsnowsculpting.com or contact Beck at (815) 987-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Sue Howard, cultural arts and special events coordinator, at (815) 987-1603 or email@example.com.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue