- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Snow sculpting competition postponed to Jan. 23-26 at Sinnissippi
The 27th Annual Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition scheduled for Jan. 16-19 at Sinnissippi Park, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, has been postponed to Jan. 23-26.
Teams from around the state will compete in Rockford for the right to represent Illinois in the U.S. Nationals Snow Sculpting Competition; there is also a high school division. The Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition is a free, family-friendly community winter event hosted by the Rockford Park District.
John Beck, events and recreation projects manager, said: “We made this decision based on the fact that currently there are not large enough snow piles at the Chicago Rockford International Airport, and the snow quality is poor due to dirt and ice. At this time, there is also no measurable snowfall expected over the next week.”
For more information, visit www.ilsnowsculpting.com or contact Beck at (815) 987-1636 or email@example.com; or Sue Howard, cultural arts and special events coordinator, at (815) 987-1603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue