- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Tom Mlodzik opens mental health recovery center
Tom Mlodzik, formerly of kp counseling and past director and lead clinician of the Recovery Program, has established Rockford’s newest mental health therapy resource — Restore Counseling & Recovery, 7210 E. State St., Suite 206.
Mlodzik has 23 years of experience working with individuals, families and organizations in the southeastern Wisconsin-northern Illinois area. He is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), a Certified Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CRADC), and a Licensed Moral Theologian (STL).
His undergraduate work was completed at Marquette University, Milwaukee, in psychology, philosophy and theology (BA conferred). He furthered his education with graduate work at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in the area of social work (MSW conferred); post-graduate work at the Gregorian University and Academia Alphonsiana in Rome, Italy (STL conferred); and post-graduate training in Marriage and Family Therapy at the Family Therapy Training Institute, Milwaukee.
Mlodzik specializes in individual, couple and group clinical treatment of individuals ages 10 and older with emphasis on addiction treatment. The Restore Recovery Program is an outpatient substance abuse and compulsive behavior addiction treatment program. It aims to provide care to clients who are age 18 and older and have a primary concern with substance abuse or chemical dependency or struggling with a loss of control regarding as compulsive behavior (e.g., gambling) along with the desire to remain engaged in their employment and family life while engaging treatment.
For more information, visit www.restorerockford.com or call (815) RESTORE (737-8673).
From the Jan. 9-15, 2013, issue